Create a powerful, attention-grabbing Manifesto for our Mystery Sponsor that captures the attention of millennial women and compels them to give Sponsor’s hair care products a second look.
A well-known hair care brand with super affordable products sold in drugstores is turning to the Tongal community to help them create a new marketing campaign to appeal to Millennial women. Consumers who’ve tried our Mystery Sponsor’s hair care solutions love them because they deliver reliably great results without breaking the bank.
The challenge is that, over time, our Mystery Sponsor has slipped off the radar of consumers, particularly millennial women. People assume that the brand simply isn’t for them or that it’s too inexpensive to actually be good.
That’s why we need you, Tongalers, to shake things up. In a previous project, we asked the Tongal community for Taglines that stood out to millennial women and encouraged them to give our Mystery Sponsor another look. We’ve chosen one of those Taglines and turned it into the Campaign Idea below. Now, we need your help coming up with moving Manifestos to expand on the following:
- Think Again: Like many underdogs, our Mystery Sponsor has been underestimated. People don’t realize their products deliver results that are just as good (if not better) than more expensive brands. Your manifesto should capture the feeling of surprise and delight when you discover assumptions are wrong. And your Manifesto should find a way to connect this feeling back to our Mystery Sponsor.
Use the Campaign Idea above as the basis for a Manifesto written in 750 characters or less. Check out the objectives below for more details.
What is a Manifesto?
People often think that “manifestos” are for political or artistic movements. But here we’re actually looking for a Campaign Manifesto – an elegant declaration of the principles of a brand’s campaign. In other words: it’s an inspiring essay that shows what a Campaign Idea is all about.
This is your chance to tap into your inner poet. Ideally, your Manifesto should:
- Succinctly sum up a Campaign Idea’s purpose and goals.
- Inspire readers to want to do more and engage with the brand and the campaign.
- Leave everyone a little better off for having read it.
For the perfect example of an inspiring Campaign Manifesto, click here to read the manifesto for Apple’s famous “Think Different” campaign.
The goal of this project is to create a powerful, attention-grabbing Manifesto for our Mystery Sponsor that captures the attention of millennial women and compels them to give Sponsor’s hair care products a second look.
–Target Audience: Millennial women.
–Tone: Bold, authentic, modern.
This Project will be worth a total of $3,000 and consists of a Manifesto Phase. Be sure to read the following information carefully as well as the Official Rules.
PHASE 1: MANIFESTO– Come up with a moving Manifesto our Mystery hair care Sponsor. Your Manifesto should be 750 characters or less. Each Manifesto winner will receive $1,000.
1. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
2. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOUR SUBMISSION IMMEDIATELY BECOMES THE SOLE PROPERTY OF TONGAL OR ITS ASSIGNEES – SEE OFFICIAL RULES FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES. YOU MAY NOT PUBLICLY SHARE OR PUBLISH YOUR SUBMISSION IN ANY MANNER AND YOU MAY NOT POST OR UPLOAD YOUR SUBMISSION TO ANY WEBSITE OR VIDEO HOSTING SITE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE OR VIMEO), WITHOUT THE PRIOR EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF TONGAL. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS REQUIREMENT MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR ENTRY IN THE PROJECT.
3. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Sponsor.
4. Submissions must not portray Sponsor in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Sponsor.
5. By submitting to this project, you acknowledge that your work may become subject to public voting on the Tongal site. Public voting may be used to help the project sponsor determine the final rank order.
6. Limit 5 submissions per member, per Phase.
7. You must be at least thirteen (13) years or older to enter.
8. In the event that fewer than 50 Manifestos are received, the Sponsor reserves the right to repost the contest for up to fourteen (14) days at their discretion.
9. Winners must complete the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment.
10. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these requirements shall prevail.