Come and build a fast, fair, and secure application that takes advantage of Hedera’s new Token Service (HTS).
Asset tokenization promises to be the biggest revolution to the world economy since well…ever. Tokenized assets offer a new way to create and manage value. With fungible and non-fungible assets businesses can make processes more efficient, reduce costs, and unlock new revenue streams.
The Hedera Token Service makes it easy to issue native tokens with scalable performance, configurability, and predictable costs — all on a reliable network governed by the world’s leading organizations.
• Scalable Tokens: Token transfers reach speeds of 10,000 TPS, settle in seconds, with predictable low fees – say goodbye to congestion and high gas fees!
• Native Tokens: No need for slow and expensive smart contracts — tokens issued with HTS are native to Hedera; they adopt the same performance, security, and efficiency as hbar.
• Configurable Compliance: Key and token configurations that offer flexibility to meet compliance needs, including account KYC verification and freeze, token supply management, and transfer. Hedera’s decentralized governing body of global organizations ensures network stability, decentralized decision making, and a no-fork guarantee.
• Enterprise Governance: Hedera’s decentralized governing body of global organizations ensures network stability, decentralized decision making, and a no-fork guarantee.
For the overall hackathon, we are looking for applications or developer tools that use the Hedera Token Service (HTS) and promote active Hedera account creation and tokenization of digital or physical assets.
We are also excited to announce this year’s roster of sponsor challenges soon, which will offer additional prizes that you can compete for. There’s no limit to the number of sponsor challenges you can participate in, but you’ll need to make sure you use Hedera Token Service for a chance to win.
Participants that do not comply with the following requirements may be rejected or disqualified by Hedera in its sole discretion (the “Eligibility Requirements”):
- Participant must not be a person residing in any country embargoed by the United States and/or subject to U.S. export controls or sanctions (including without limitation Iran, Cuba, Sudan, Syria and North Korea), or any other jurisdiction where the Hackathon is otherwise prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed by applicable federal, state, territorial, provincial or local laws, rules or regulations and any other country designated by the United States Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control. It is Participant’s responsibility to ensure that Participant is legally eligible to enter the Hackathon and receive a prize under any laws applicable to Participant in their jurisdiction of residence or otherwise.
- This Competition is not open to Participants who are not legal residents of one of the eligible jurisdictions at the time of entry or who otherwise do not fall within the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules herein.
- Participant must be 18 years of age or older and at least the age of majority in their jurisdiction or residence at the time of the start of the Hackathon.
- Participant must have a demonstrated ability to develop or contribute to the development of an application on the Platform.
- Employees, contractors, consultants, officers, directors, agents, managers and members of Hedera and other organizing entities, including the judges (collectively referred to herein as the “Competition Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children (by birth and adoption), and parents) regardless of where they live, and those living in the same household as such individuals (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- Each Participant or team must develop and submit a software application built on the Platform (“Entry”) within the Hackathon Period. For avoidance of doubt, the Entry shall also include any materials provided in connection with the Entry.
- Teams must consist of one (1) to five (5) participants and each individual team member must meet the Eligibility Requirements. Participants can only be listed on one team and not serve on multiple teams during the Hackathon.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. The odds of winning depend on the total number of submitted Entries from eligible Participants.
$47,000 in prizes
$20,000 USD worth of hbar for the best overall project taking into account all the judging criteria.
$10,000 USD worth of hbar for the best overall project taking into account all the judging criteria.
$5,000 USD worth of hbar for the best overall project taking into account all the judging criteria.
$2,000 USD worth of hbar for the project with the most community votes.
Social Good Challenge – Sponsored by The Chopra Foundation
The Chopra Foundation is looking for the best project demonstrating a practical implementation of a token for social good.
• 5,000 USD worth of hbar
• Private Q&A session with Deepak Chopra
• Support and endorsement of your application by The Chopra Foundation
Browser Extension Challenge – Sponsored by Eftpos
Eftpos is looking for the best HTS supported browser extension (e.g Metamask for Ethereum).
•5,000 USD worth of hbar
•Business and technical mentorship by members of the Eftpos team