To “nurture a tradition” for the future, while adopting the tradition, Hida Furniture®Festival in Hida-Takayama — an old city with history and tradition, is hosting a design competition for wooden products in June 2018.
The competition theme is “Designs for wooden products” and entry is open for proposal of designs for wooden products such as chair, furniture, lighting, sundries, and building products.
The following competition rules are the most important for consideration:
- Products are to be made of domestic lumber either entirely or partially
- Different materials other than wood may be used
- It is assumed that main processes of making products are performed in Hida
Applicants need to be able to communicate in Japanese or in English.
When applying as a group, a representative should be designated, under whose name an application is made.
The number of applications is not limited.
Awards:- The best four (4) designs will be considered for commercialization and awarded a monetary prize. The first prize includes 300,000 Yen (more than $2,700) and the three, second prizes, 30,000 Yen (more than $270) each. Several Incentive prizes will also be announced.
- General: 3,000 Yen (about $27)
- Students: 1,000 Yen (about $9)