The contest is sponsored by the IBM Z Academic Initiative, which has provided mainframe training and resources to students at more than 1,000 schools in 70 countries. By participating in the contest you learn, prepare for a career – and you may win prizes.
Besides the awesome prizes, you can get unprecedented exposure to a variety of systems, software, and products. You can earn an Enterprise Computing Open Badge for your resume and social presences to impress potential employers. Yup, that’s right. This competition can even land you a job.
Part 1 Prizes: Snag your Swag
- $25 USD Amazon/Alibaba Gift Card for 750 contestants, taken from the first 3000 accepted challenges (a 1 in 4 chance) that are 100% correct.
Part 2 Prizes: Indulge Yourself
- $100 USD Mastercard/Visa Gift Cards for the first 200 challenges that are 100% correct.
Part 3 Prizes: Show Off Your Talent
- The top 2 individuals from EACH region (N. America, Latin America, S. Asia, APAC, MEA, and Europe) will win a $2750 travel stipend to visit the head office of IBM in their region and meet with key executives and recruiters on their project.
- Each winning individual will receive a “Master the Mainframe Global Winner” Hoodie.
- The top three individuals globally will receive an HTC Vive worth $799 USD.
Total prize money $76,000