From April 19 to June 1, 2021, Immaterial Future (IF) association invites technological startups and projects from anywhere in the world to apply for IF Innovation Award. We are looking for projects that leverage technology
to address, directly or indirectly, at least one of the following challenges:
- Develop new business models that give culture financial independence.
- Develop distribution models that allow wide access to cultural experiences while upholding the authenticity of these experiences.
Open call invites proposals from technological startups, profit or non-profit organizations or academic world.
The Award was established by Immaterial Future association that aims to explore and develop a new approach to humanity’s growth. This approach is to shift growth into the plane of immateriality, with culture as the main vector of change. We intend to support projects that see an untapped potential in culture to facilitate this shift.
We launch IF Innovation Award where the best submission receives a prize of 50,000 euros. The Award will take place in Vienna, September 7, 2021, during the Immaterial Future Forum. The Forum itself is a parallel event to viennacontemporary art fair.
Six selected finalists will be invited to the Forum in Vienna to showcase their projects to potential partners and investors with a specific interest in culture and technology. Best submission will be selected after the showcase.
Applicants are requested to enter the following:
- Project title
- Proposal (200 words max)
- Link to the pitch deck with the extended concept (PDF)
- Answers to 5 additional questions
- Contact information: name, country of residence, email, organization
and website if applicable
- Confirmation of compliance with the Terms and Conditions
What we expect to see in the pitch deck (PDF):
- Clear definition of your project concept and goals
- Description of the impact your project will have on the role of culture
in humanity’s growth; how it is addressing the fundamental challenges
- Financial model / unit economics description
- What is innovative about your idea and what technologies it leverages
- Spending plan for IF Innovation Award
- IF provides an exchange of thoughts and encouragement. A key benefit is the opportunity to present your project to the potential partners and investors and move it further than the MVP stage.
- We provide funding in the amount of 50,000 euros to the winner of IF Innovation Award. For participants who are not selected to present their solutions at the Forum funding is not provided.