The IFC Young Professionals program (IFC YPP) is our flagship recruitment program, which offers a unique opportunity to launch a global career in finance. You can join as an Associate in the Investment, Advisory or Treasury streams. You will start in Washington DC and build your expertise through hands on assignments and transactions in different countries. IFC’s approach is to combine rigorous analysis, innovative deal structuring with a focus on financial sustainability and positive development impact.
The program is open to current students or recent graduates of MBA or similar programs with strong financial skills. You should be able to demonstrate a track record of success in your prior work experience and have a strong interest in working in Emerging Markets.
- Manufacturing, Agribusiness, and Services
– Agribusiness and Forestry
– Health and Education
– Tourism, Retail, and Property
- Financial Institutions
- Oil, Gas, and Mining
- Public-Private Partnerships (Advisory)
- Telecoms, Media, and Technology
- Treasury and Syndication (Product)
- You will participate in a 2-week onboarding program, where you will learn about the World Bank Group in general and specifically about IFC products and operations
- You will also interact with Senior Management and other staff
- In addition, you will be enrolled in a 4-week residential Investment & Credit training course, where you will be introduced to IFC’s investment and credit culture and investment process
- The Investment & Credit training course is a series of training courses that form building blocks to support your career progression as investment professionals at IFC
- You will also have an opportunity to interact with other World Bank Group (WBG) Young Professionals, which will enable you to forge career long networks across the WBG institutions and gain a greater understanding of each institution’s products and operations.