Submit your most powerful photos that illustrate innovative, effective, and inspiring efforts in humanitarian assistance and international relief and development; and stand a chance to be the winner of the InterAction’s 15th Annual Photo Contest. To honor this milestone, this year the organizers will honor winners in three categories in addition to the grand prize winner. The categories are: Global Development, Humanitarian Assistance, and Mobile Phone.
- The Global Development category will highlight photos that show the innovation that is taking place around the world to make communities more self-reliant, sustainable, and equal for all;
- The Humanitarian Assistance category will highlight the resilience of communities in the face challenging and harrowing situations, such as a natural disaster or a prolonged conflict. Images of the humanitarian workers who assist these communities will also be accepted. Note: Please be respectful of the individuals in these photos. Graphic or demeaning photos will not be accepted;
- The Mobile Phone category will highlight photos (both humanitarian and development –focused) that were taken on a mobile device. Participants are encouraged to get creative with this category and show how art and technology can together make an impact.
- One Grand Prize Winner will receive $1,000 USD and the Effective Assistance Photography Certificate. The winning photo will also be showcased at InterAction’s Forum, June 20-22;
- The three category winners will receive $100 USD and have their photographs displayed on an online gallery at www.interaction.org;
- Two runners up per category (six total) will have their photographs displayed on an online gallery.