The Organization of World Heritage Cities (OWHC) is proud to renew for a fourth time the International Video Production Competition entitled “My City: Our World Heritage”. The objective of the competition are:
- To make the young people acquire a better knowledge of world heritage.
- To convey to the young people a stronger sense of belonging and pride concerning world heritage, through their personal vision.
- To allow young people to express themselves on world heritage and, in particular, on that of their city.
- To ensure that they are involved in the conservation and enhancement approach of the cities recognized as treasures of mankind.
- The OWHC will invite the mayors of the two young prize winners to officially present the winning video in their municipality. The videos of the young prizewinners will also be broadcast officially at the OWHC World Congress in Gyeongju (Republic of Korea) that will take place from October 31 to November 3, 2017. The mayors or representatives of the winning cities will be invited to speak. Later on, a representative of the OWHC will be pleased to award the winners with the international prize, namely the sum of:
- $1000 US for the winner of the 14-17 years old category
- $2000 US for the winner of the 18-21 years old category
- The young prizewinners of the international level and the mayors of both winning cities will be awarded an honorary certificate by the OWHC;
- In the event where a team of young people wins one of the prizes, the amount will be divided according to the number of teammates. An honorary certificate will be awarded to each of the members of a duly formed team;
- A certificate of participation will also be given to each of the finalists of the international level.