The Qualification Round 2019 of the International Youth Math Challenge has opened for submissions. Use your math skills and your creativity to qualify for the global final round to win great prizes and certificates!
The IYMC is one of the biggest online math competition for students from all around the world. You can win awards and cash prizes worth over 700 USD, qualify for the final round, become an official IYMC ambassador in your country, or join an international network for outstanding students – take this unique opportunity and participate today.
Successful participants receive many certificates, cash prizes, and honors:
- All Participants: Official Participation Certificate
- All Finalists: Bronze Honour, Silver Honour or Gold Honour
- 1. Prize: 200 USD Cash Prize, Special 1. Prize Certificate
- 2. Prize: 150 USD Cash Prize, Special 2. Prize Certificate
- 3. Prize: 100 USD Cash Prize, Special 3. Prize Certificate
- Special Region Awards:
- Best Participant from Europa
- Best Participant from Greater Middle East
- Best Participant from Africa
- Best Participant from South Asia
- Best Participant from (South)East Asia
- Best Participant from America
The crucial role of teachers and schools for mathematical education is understood. Because of that, they award three school awards to honor the efforts of the teachers and the school:
- IYMC School Award for Most Participants: For the school with the most overall participants of the qualification round to honor the efforts of the teachers for encouraging students to participate in mathematical competitions.
- IYMC School Award for Most Finalists: For the school with the most students participating in the pre-final and final round
- IYMC School Award for Excellence: For the school with many outstanding students that have achieved high results throughout the overall competition to honor the quality education.
Besides that, the IYMC offers following benefits:
- Join a Global Network: A successful participation allows you to join the IYMC network: You will get the rare chance to connect and exchange with outstanding, similar-minded, and inspiring students worldwide.
- Become IYMC Ambassador: Winners, students, and teachers are encouraged to become official Ambassadors with the aim to inspire students and to encourage them to engage in math.