Got pandemic-induced boredom from staring at your own face over calls, Zoom, or selfies? No worries, we’ve gotcha. We’ve launched a free program with our friends over at Facebook Spark AR to encourage you to learn how to make your own augmented reality effects. Through this bespoke course, it has never been easier for first-time creators to make their own effects. All you need is seven hours and plenty of imagination!
To inspire and engage you further, we are curating talks with creators, inspiring articles, and explainers to go alongside the free seven-hour long course. So, what are you waiting for?
Once you have the basics down and have completed the Spark AR course, design and produce your own AR effect that reflects your creativity and style and submit it here.
We will choose a minimum of 6 and up to 10 AR effects for Instagram as Selected Creators, who will receive $500 each. Creators do not need to have direct experience in AR but should be ready to learn. Follow Reality.House’s Instagram for more updates with creators, inspiring articles, and explainers.
- Augment your imagination and join our Free Facebook Spark AR course here
- You must complete the course to participate in this brief – this is for new starters and beginners only – we want to see your first effect after you have completed the Facebook Spark AR course
- For more inspiration, watch our Speed Sparks Series, short 3-6 minute tutorials from Spark AR Creator; Ant Hagan
- To submit to this Creative Brief, you need to:
- 1) Complete the Free Facebook Spark AR course
- 2) Use Spark AR Studio to create your AR effects
- 3) Upload your AR effects demo video (showing you using your effects) and test link to this Creative Brief via the ‘Participate’ button
- 4) If chosen as a Selected Creator or Finalist, you will be asked to submit your lens to Instagram for approval
- Check out Spark AR’s full technical guidelines and AR review process before you start, see more details about specs below
- If you’re new to Instagram AR Effects or want a refresh, these resources will show you how to get started, patch editing, adding audio and how to submit and publish your content
- Do not include any suggestion or references to dangerous situations, brands, show/imply alcohol or drunkenness, or anything offensive
- Your demo video should be captured in the Instagram camera, unedited, portrait orientation, 5-15 seconds long, in MP4 format, max. size 32MB
- Please note, you do not need to submit your AR effects to Instagram for approval to participate – your submission just needs to include your demo video and test link
- You may be asked to submit your AR effects on Instagram during, or after the Creative Brief has closed, once approved by Instagram, it will be publically available
- Be sure to follow Reality.House’s Instagram for more upcoming inspiration sessions, articles, and creator interviews. Check out the upcoming schedule below or here.
A minimum of 6 and up to 10 AR effects will be chosen Selected Creators. Each will:
- Potentially have their work presented across Facebook Spark AR social, digital and wider marketing channels
- Potentially be involved with Facebook Spark AR PR, including creator interviews & profiles etc.
- Receive $500