This scholarship scheme is for postgraduate taught (Masters) EU students studying as a new student in academic year 2021-22 who are classified as international students for fees purposes. The awards offered are a discount of up to £5,500 automatically deducted from your tuition fees. Details of the awards available under this scheme are below.
- These scholarship/">scholarships are restricted to EU applicants who are classified as international students for fees purposes.
- Applicants must be entirely self-funded.
- Applicants must be starting their first year of study on a postgraduate taught degree (Masters) programme at the University of Essex in 2021-22.
- Applicants must actively make Essex their firm choice by 18 September 2021.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot normally be held in conjunction with other University of Essex awards.
- This scholarship is available for the first year of study only.
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
Students who aren’t eligible
The following students are NOT eligible for the Masters EU Scholarship regardless of meeting the above criteria:
- Students who are not ordinarily resident in an EU country.
- Students who are fully or partly sponsored.
- These scholarships do not apply to deferred entry. Where a student, to whom a scholarship has been offered and requests deferred entry, the award will be considered again in line with the terms and conditions that apply in the new proposed year of entry.
- Students transferring into the second year from another UK higher education institution.
- Students who are classified as a Home fee paying student.
How to apply
We’ll assess your eligibility based on the information that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.
If you meet all the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be awarded this scholarship. You don’t need to complete an application form.
Please read the full terms and conditions for your entry year before applying for or accepting a scholarship or bursary. They contain important information about eligibility, how you’ll receive your funding and whether this award can be combined with others or not.
MSc Marine Biology, Computer Science and Electronic Engineering, Essex Business School (not including MBA), Economics – £5,500
East 15 Acting – £1,500