Mckinsey Global Institute invites young people to submit ideas for economic growth through its 2016 Essay Competition. This contest is aimed at crowdsourcing solutions to one of Europe’s biggest political and economic conundrums: how to implement a pro-growth economic strategy that is both effective and that appeals to voters and policy-makers.
Essay Theme: Opportunity for Europe. How could a pro-growth reform program be made deliverable by 2020, and appeal to electorates and decision makers alike at the national and European level? (each, an “Essay”).
The competition is open to Entrants worldwide provided that they are aged 18 years or over as of the date of entry, except:
- Employees, associates, directors or agents of McKinsey or its holding or subsidiary companies
- employees of the Jacques Delors Institute; or
- direct ascendants, direct descendants, siblings, spouses or partners of (1) or (2) above.
The prize is a pool of €100,000 (one hundred thousand Euros) which will be apportioned to the overall winner, the winner of the “under 30” age category and special mentions as follows:
- €60,000 (sixty thousand Euros) will be awarded to the overall winner
- €25,000 (twenty-five thousand Euros) will be awarded to the winner of the “under 30” age category; and
- €15,000 (fifteen thousand Euros) will be awarded to special mentions at the discretion of the judging panel.