Create a winning ‘bitesize’ animation or film of less than one minute that drives awareness of how we can use technology to promote equality, diversity and inclusion in the workforce. (And if you like designing GIFs, check out our #ArtxTechforGood challenge for another chance to win big).
Equality, diversity and inclusion in the workforce leads to more innovation, more opportunities for all, better access to talent, and better business performance. Employers must, by law, have an equal opportunities policy and when it comes to employment, they must recruit, manage and promote staff fairly and without discrimination. We are looking for ideas for the use of emerging technologies to train people to harness new ways of working, promote equality, diversity and inclusion, and learn new skills for the digital age.
“Diversity and inclusion bring us all opportunities to learn from others and grow. By working with people from different backgrounds and with different experiences and working styles, we learn and get another view. Diverse views make for better decisions, and thus drive a high-performance culture.” (Dennis Nally, PwC)
“Employees who feel included, valued and rewarded are more engaged and motivated. In a worldwide survey of 3 million employees on diversity, employee satisfaction and organisational performance, it was found that creating an inclusive and harmonious environment was a key driver in employee engagement and commitment.” (David Pollitt, author of ‘Diversity in the Workforce’)
“We know diversity and inclusion are values critical to our success and future innovation. We also know challenging bias–inside and outside our walls–is the right thing to do. That’s why we continue to support efforts that fuel our commitments to progress.”
MeshMinds and FastJobs want to support creators who can help drive awareness of the applications of technology in promoting workforce equality, diversity and inclusion. We invite creators to:
- Consider existing or new ideas that promote workforce equality, diversity and inclusion using technology;
- Create an animation or film of less than one minute that drives awareness of such ideas;
- Upload your animation or film to Instagram and tag it #FastJobsApp and #ArtxTechforGood and @MeshMinds and @FastJobs;
- Click “Register Challenge“, register on HeroX and enter the Instagram URL on your HeroX submission form; and
- Follow @MeshMinds and @FastJobs and click on the “Share” button above to share this challenge with your friends, your family, or anyone you know who has a passion for Workforce Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
Our judges will then select the top five winners to receive a $1000 cash prize, all or part of which can be used to develop your animation or film further. Winning animations or films will be showcased for 8 days at MeshMinds 1.0 – Singapore’s first creative innovation lab focused on Art x Technology for Good – at ArtScience Museum in January 2018.