MEXT Scholarship Japanese Government invites applications from Indian national who want to pursue their Higher education i.e. post graduation, doctoral or research study in Japan. The candidates willing to apply for the scholarship need to make online application on the official website of Ministry of Human Resource Development on or before 16 June 2017. Japanese embassy will shortlist the candidates initially by conducting a written examination and the successful candidates will be recommended to MEXT Scholarship. MEXT will conduct the final selection of the candidates.
Subjects offered in MEXT Scholarship for Higher Studies
The scholarship includes 6 months education in the Japanese language and other subjects which will be provided after the scholar’s arrival in Japan. The Scholarship is available for the following subjects:
- Japan-related Humanities
- Japan-related Social Science
- Management Studies
- Mathematical Science
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Biology and Biotechnology
- Agriculture and Fishery
- Environmental Science
- Pharmaceutical Science
- Geology and Geoinformatics
- Civil Engineering
- Material Science/ Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Information Technology
- The selected scholars will receive the monthly stipend depending upon the course selected by them. The details are as follow:
- Research Students (non-regular students): 143,000 Yen approximately 76,300 Indian Rupees.
- Regular Students in Master’s courses or Professional Graduate Courses: 144,000 Yen approximately 85,000 Indian Rupees.
- Regular students in Doctoral Courses: 145,000 Yen approximately 77,400 India Rupees.
The scholars who are researching in any particular field will get additional 2000-3000 yen (approximately 1000-1600 Indian Rupees)
- Travel Allowance/ Air Fare: The scholars will be entitled to economy class to and fro return fare subjected to the conditions of the extension of stay in Japan and other rules applicable.
- Fee: Tuition Fee, the fee for the entrance examination and matriculation will be paid by the Government of Japan.
- Preparatory Education: The scholarship includes 6 months preparatory education in the Japanese language and other subjects which will be provided after the scholar’s arrival in Japan.
- Duration of the Scholarship: The period of the scholarship will be of 2 years if the course starts in April 2016 and one and a half year in case of course starting from October 2016, which can be extended under certain conditions.