Have a world changing idea for HoloLens?
Submit your ideas here for a chance to win amazing prizes.
Turn Visual Studio into a powerful Unity development environment. Write code more productively by leveraging all the productivity features that Visual Studio has to offer, such as IntelliSense, refactoring, and code browsing capabilities. With the free Visual Studio Tools for Unity extension, you can easily navigate, create and edit Unity scripts inside Visual Studio. It also brings the premium Visual Studio debugging experience to the Unity game engine. Identify issues quickly by debugging your Unity games in Visual Studio— Set breakpoints and evaluate variables and complex expressions. Utilize Microsoft HockeyApp to easily gain insight into application crashes through basic information about the environment (device type, OS version, etc.) and the stacktrace of the exception in both testing and live environments.
In addition, use Visual Studio Online to collaborate with your team, use tools such as the Kanban board for agile workflows, get unlimited Git private repositories, and set up continuous integration for your Unity games – all in the cloud. Build more engaging features for your games and deploy them to the cloud using Microsoft Azure.
- You must be a Unity developer and must develop your experience using Unity.
- The experience must be developed on the Universal Windows Platform utilizing Unity 5.5 or later and Visual Studio 2015, and it must target the “HoloLens” device family in the Windows Store.
- The experience must be your own original work.
- You must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit the experience.
- The experience may not include any third-party trademarks (logos, names) or copyrighted materials (music, images, video, recognizable people) unless you have obtained permission to use the materials.
Awards:- $100,000 cash, a HoloLens development Edition kit, and a Unity Pro Subscription license!