The National Startup Awards 2021 seek to recognize and reward outstanding startups and ecosystem enablers that are contributing to economic dynamism by spurring innovation and injecting competition.
Startups that are building innovative products/solutions, scalable enterprises, with high potential of employment generation or wealth creation, demonstrating measurable social impact. The measure of success will not only be the financial gains for the investors but also the contribution to the social good.
Startup India’ is a flagship initiative that aims to build a strong eco-system for nurturing innovation and Startups in the country that will drive sustainable economic growth and generate large-scale employment opportunities. Startup India Action Plan comprises of 19 specific action items spanning across areas such as “Simplification and handholding”, “Funding support and incentives” and “Industry-academia partnership and incubation”. Substantial progress has been achieved not only on the Action Plan but on many other initiatives beyond the Action Plan that have been undertaken for the development of the overall growth of the startup movement in the country. Actions taken so far have resulted in a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship take firm roots across the length and breadth of the country. The results are visible across all fields of human endeavor and all sectors of the economy. The National Startup Awards have been conceptualized to further strengthen the startup ecosystem in the country.
- The entity should be a DPIIT-recognized startup. The entity must submit their certificate of incorporation or partnership deed
- The entity must have hardware or software product or a process solution that is present in the market
- The entity must have all applicable trade trade-specific registrations (example: CE, FSSAI, MSME, GST Registration, etc.)
- There should not have been any default in the last three years (FY17-18, 18-19, 19-20) by the entity or any of its promoters or any of their group entities
- The entity must submit Audited Financial Statements (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss Account) for the last three financial years (FY 2017-18, 18-19, 19-20). In case of unavailability of audited financial statements for FY 2019-20, entity may submit provisional financial statement for FY 2019-20 issued by a chartered accountant
2. Animal Husbandry
3. Drinking Water
4. Education & Skill Development
6. Enterprise Systems
Following prizes that shall be awarded to Startups, Incubators, and Accelerators Startups
- I. A cash prize of INR 5 lakh shall be awarded to one winning Startup in each of the
- II. The Winners and Runners up shall be given priority for participation in various
National and International Startup events sponsored by DPIIT
- Cash Prize of INR 15 Lakh shall be awarded to one winning Incubator.
- Cash Prize of INR 15 Lakh shall be awarded to one winning Accelerator.