Pandemic response colab invites entries for its new Re-imagining Early Warning Systems for Infectious Disease competition.
What applied sciences, instruments, and strategies can we use to ascertain dependable, reproducible, scalable early warning techniques for detecting the arrival of or monitoring the unfold of recognized or novel pathogens?
Some areas of alternative to think about are:
- How we may pace up the method of diagnostic testing, maintaining in thoughts course of effectivity.
- How we may determine new biomarkers of illness which facilitate illness monitoring.
- How we may use cellular gadgets to trace illness.
- How we may mix digital indicators with machine studying and synthetic intelligence strategies for illness monitoring.
- How we may make testing extra accessible, for instance by self-collecting exams at house.
- How we may design automated testing models to enhance current testing infrastructure.
- How we may facilitate common population-level screening.
- How we may improve testing accessibility for rural areas.
- How we may make diagnostic exams cheaper globally.
- How we may combine new supplies in diagnostic exams.
- How we may combine progressive applied sciences and novel insights from different pandemics and areas of illness.
Subject material specialists will consider the options submitted to the problem to determine doable promising concepts. Typically there may be one who stands above the remaining, and typically there are two to a few. This isn’t a typical problem the place there are winners and losers. We hope to construct a way more inclusive and collaborative platform to encourage others to cross-pollinate concepts and work collectively.
Professional Alternative Answer
There could also be some novel and promising options that can emerge. Due to the generosity of our sponsors and specialists, MIT Pandemic Response CoLab is proud to current the next incentives to the highest contributions as recognized by the specialists:
Private mentorship (minimal three months)
- Pairing with innovation chief inside MilliporeSigma who’s an skilled within the associated discipline.
- Minimal of three 1:1, 60 minute calls over the course of a three-month interval to additional refine their concept and/or make introductions to different leaders within the MilliporeSigma community.
Free ticket to attend Curious2021 Future Perception Convention, hosted by Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
- Chosen contributor(s) will obtain a free ticket to attend the Curious2021 Future Perception Convention, going down on July 12 – 14 of 2021 close to Frankfurt, Germany. Among the world’s finest scientists and most achieved entrepreneurs come collectively on the Curious – Future Perception convention to current their work and to affix forces to resolve the challenges of at present and to allow the desires of a greater tomorrow. The convention was initiated on the event of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany’s 350th anniversary and can happen once more in 2021 with an impressive speaker panel involving greater than a dozen Nobel Laureates and 70 prime audio system from everywhere in the world. The convention additionally options the awarding of the 2021 Future Perception Prize (as much as 1 mio€/year for groundbreaking science given out for the following 35 years).The life science enterprise of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany operates as MilliporeSigma within the US and Canada.
- Usually a €892.50 price, the ticket contains: entry to all levels, listening to key-note audio system, ignite-sessions and panel discussions; entry to the exhibition and e-poster areas; participation at AMA-circle and workshop presents (relying on availability of spots); networking by way of the Occasion App; participation on the night occasions; every day catering.
A spot on the 2021 Innovation Cup*, hosted by Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
- This week-long workshop brings the brightest college students from everywhere in the world to fulfill at Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany’s firm headquarters to work in groups to develop new, progressive concepts for unmet medical wants and construct a enterprise case with assist from skilled professionals – with an opportunity to win shared prizes of €20,000 for the successful group and €5,000 for the runner-up.The life science enterprise of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany operates as MilliporeSigma within the US and Canada.
- Offered the contributor meets program standards*, one chosen successful neighborhood member will obtain a assured spot to participate in Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany’s Innovation Cup, going down on June 26 – July 2 of 2021, as a part of group “pandemic risk,” which can concentrate on progressive approaches to combat rising pandemics.
*Candidates have to be postgraduate college students within the life sciences working in the direction of a PhD in biology, medication, biotech, bioinformatics, laptop science, knowledge science, biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, engineering or associated fields. Postdoctoral college students, superior MBA college students or latest MBA graduates with an curiosity within the pharmaceutical enterprise and a background in life sciences are additionally welcome. This program will not be open to healthcare professionals.
Presentation at Pandemic response colab Response Catalyst Dialog collection finale
- Alternative to be featured as one in all 5 chosen options (one per every Pandemic Response CoLab problem / technical space) to current innovation and reply to reside Q&A with assigned mentor
- Promotion throughout social media, media relations efforts and collaboration web sites
Group Alternative Answer
A neighborhood selection answer is one which receives probably the most votes throughout a public voting interval. They may obtain the next:
- A badge for his or her social media platforms and Pandemic Response CoLab that reveals they had been chosen as a “Group Alternative Answer”.