PayPal Mexico wants people to know that they are the fast and easy way to pay in Mexico, offering the ability to pay online in a single click. This ease & convenience is at the core of their “Pay Happy” creative positioning, which is all about celebrating the small moments of happiness that PayPal enables every time you choose them at checkout. Now, PayPal is looking to extend “Pay Happy” campaign in Mexico with a new suite of videos, and we are looking for TWO different filmmakers who can step up and quickly shoot footage for videos that’ll be used to create the campaign. Raw footage from these shoots will be provided to a single creative campaign director, who will handle post-production for all videos. It is NOT necessary that you’re based in Mexico, but you must have access to locations that can feel authentically Mexican, especially exteriors. Stylistically, we’re looking for something that feels bright, vibrant, colorful, authentic, and cinematic.
There will ultimately be four videos, so each filmmaker will be shooting footage for two different videos. You’re not being asked to pitch a creative take. We’ve included information about the videos, their concepts, and how they’re paired up in the Background / Additional Details. We’ve paired these videos based on what we believe is the most practical way to execute them, and it’s possible that the same locations could be used in each video. However, lead talent will need to be different for each video. As the final :15 videos will each feature 4-5 seconds of full-screen product graphics, we’re only talking about a handful of short shots and camera setups. We’ve laid out assumptions that you should be able to work with below, and there are examples of other videos from the campaign in the Background as well.
You will be asked to select which video pairing you can execute, but if you can do either one, please let us know. If you have any questions, ask away in the forum.
IF YOU ARE SELECTED:
- You will be coordinating with the campaign director, who will provide a script, storyboard, and shot list prior to your shoot, as well as creative direction for two :15 spots.
- You will be responsible for casting, locations, and wardrobe. Each video should involve different hero talent, but extras can potentially be re-used. Casts will be limited in size, and locations must feel authentically Mexican.
- All shoots are *likely* to be conducted MOS. There will definitely NOT be dialogue, but we may need some audio.
- The entirety of your commitment is approximately TWO weeks.
- You will NOT be required to provide any post-production services.
FOR YOUR PITCH: You will be required to provide some location options. We’d also recommend casting options, *if* you have easy access to casting. We know that’s more of a lift though, so it’s not mandatory. Otherwise, your pitch (and the Treatment, specifically) should primarily highlight:
- Past work that shows your ability to shoot something that feels bright, stylish, energetic, authentic, and cinematic
- Past work that shows your ability to direct talent and get grounded and genuine performances (especially without sound)
- Your ability to quickly source multiple cast & authentically Mexican locations options
- Your ability to work quickly, within tight confines, with lots of flexibility
- Two filmmakers will be selected the evening of Tuesday, June 29th.
- If greenlit, you will be immediately briefed by Tongal and the Campaign Director on the video concepts, and enter pre-production. You will be responsible for providing casting, wardrobe, and location choices, and alternates if necessary, to ensure approval by PayPal.
- You will be provided with a script, storyboard, and shot list, as well as camera specs, and a framing guide to confirm all content you will need to capture. All footage MUST adhere to the guidelines and specs provided.
- Our Shoot Dates are between Saturday, July 10th and Wednesday, July 14th.
- You will be responsible for sending all footage to the campaign director by 6am PT on Thursday, July 15th.
- You will be responsible for sending all talent, location & art releases (where applicable) to Tongal by EOD on Thursday, July 15th.
- 1-2 days of shooting. Locations specific to Concept Pairings (listed in Background). Locations must feel authentically Mexican, especially if exteriors, and any visible text must be in Mexican Spanish. Exteriors should be urban or semi-urban. Interiors to be a home or apartment that feels relatable to someone in their mid-20’s.
- Generally one hero talent, one supporting talent; details also listed in Background for each video. Casting should be diverse (aka not all Euro-Mestizo), relatable, and not at all model-y.
- Shoot 2K resolution @ 23.98 fps, framing action for vertical hero aspect ratios.