PORADA ARREDI S.r.l. in cooperation with POLI.design announce an international Design competition to identify new innovative concepts on different types of coat hangers and wall-mounted and free-standing coat hooks, equipped or equippable, in which the use of wood is prevalent and which conveys the values and the identity of the Porada brand.
PORADA ARREDI S.r.l. in cooperation with POLI.design, Consortium of Politecnico di Milano, announce an international Design competition to identify new innovative concepts on different types of coat hangers and wall-mounted and free-standing coat hooks, equipped or equippable, in which the use of wood is prevalent (but not necessarily exclusive) and which conveys the values and the identity of the Porada brand.
Wood, whether in natural-finish, preferably in finishes prevalently used by the company, or painted, can be combined with metal, mirrors, crystals, leather, hides or fabric.
The designs submitted should be original and unpublished, they must enhance the use of production technologies and woodworking processes and typical finishing of the solid wood and they must respond to the principle of functionality.
They should comply with the existing safety standards in force, also respecting ergonomic requirements and paying attention to environmental and sustainable design requirements.
The group entries are also permitted.
Each participant (or group) is permitted to submit one project only.
Each participant (or group) must submit:
1.A brief report (max 3000 characters) outlining the motivations, the general concept, design features of the project and a description of the materials required.
The pdf file of the report is to be presented in portrait orientation on ISO-A4 paper (21 x 29.7 cm) and must be named ‘relazione_codice’.
The header needs to exclusively contain the alphanumeric code referred to in section 2 and any name/title of the project;
2. Technical drawings consisting of three boards in landscape orientation on ISO-A3 (42 x 29.7 cm), in pdf format, composed on a layout of the board, which can be downloaded from the site www.porada.it. The boards will contain:
– Board 1: an overview, reference scenarios and modes of use, mood board, general concept of the object in the context of use and sources of inspiration;
– Board 2: technical drawings: plans, elevations, sections, axonometric projections, exploded views, design drawings listed in the appropriate scale and specifics of the details and material choices, which are considered important;
– Board 3: representation of the object, rendering, photos of the model.
The presentation boards should be combined into a single pdf file named ‘tavole_codice’ (maximum file size 5 Mb).
3. A preview image of the project, summarizing the salient features (which may correspond to the render or another image deemed important) and it will be the first image viewed by the judges to identify the project, in jpg format (maximum file size 1 Mb).
The file must be uploaded exclusively through the online procedure as described above (server connections for downloading files or files sent by regular or certified email will not be accepted).
1st prize € 3000
2nd prize € 2,000
3rd prize € 1,000
1st prize € 2,000
2nd prize € 1,200
3rd prize € 800
The Porada Company reserves the right to produce prototypes of the winning projects and to possibly put them into production.