The University of Sussex is a research-intensive campus university located within the vibrant city of Brighton & Hove, on the UK’s south coast. Sussex has an excellent international reputation and they are ranked in the top 20 UK universities and they are proud to be placed in the top 150 in the world.The University of Sussex is pleased to offer support to high-performing athletes via our Sports Scholarships Scheme. The scheme is committed to delivering sporting excellence and support to students who display outstanding sporting ability or show the potential to reach that level in the near future.The scholarships are available to UK, EU and international students who have demonstrated sporting excellence prior to joining Sussex and are committed to developing their sporting performance while at the university.
Recipients of the scholarship can receive up to £1,250 as well as a range of other benefits.These scholarships are available for full-time taught Masters courses.The scheme provides three separate tiers of support to successful applicants. The level of support you receive is decided based on your application.
- Tier 1 – High-Performance Athlete Scheme
- Tier 2 – Performance Athlete Scheme
- Tier 3 – Development Athlete Scheme
The scheme provides comprehensive packages across three tiers, which include access to facilities and services, high-level coaching, a successful mentoring program and a determination to help the students reach their potential.
- Tier 1 – High-Performance Athlete Scheme – You will receive up to £1,250 per year
- Tier 2 – Performance Athlete Scheme – You will receive up to £750 per year
- Tier 3 – Development Athlete Scheme – You will receive up to £500 per year