If you’re a excessive performing undergraduate or Grasp’s scholar and have a robust want to undertake a PhD programme at a world-class analysis establishment then President’s PhD Scholarship/">Scholarships invites you, you can be chosen to obtain full tuition charges and a beneficiant stipend for a PhD place at Imperial School London. The President’s PhD Scholarships goals to offer as much as 50 analysis college students with nice potential the chance to work inside their chosen analysis subject with the help of a superb supervisor.
Alternatives for PhD funding through this scheme are extraordinarily aggressive, with larger than standard eligibility necessities. Candidates needs to be assured that they’re able to show excellent tutorial efficiency earlier than making use of for this scholarship scheme. Earlier profitable recipients of the scholarship have ranked extremely of their class, typically attaining grades of 85% or larger of their diploma(s).
The earliest begin date for funded locations is 1 August 2021, the newest begin date is 1 November 2021.
- Applications are accepted from talented candidates from Imperial College London, the UK and worldwide. There are no restrictions on nationality.
- Candidates must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive a first class UK degree or equivalent.
- Candidates with a standalone Master’s qualification must have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction. They must also hold a first class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent (integrated Masters that form part of an undergraduate degree, e.g. MEng, MSci, M.Math, are assessed by Admissions as an undergraduate qualification when determining eligibility). Candidates with multiple standalone Master’s qualifications must have achieved a distinction in the one most relevant to their PhD study.
- Candidates with degrees from overseas institutions are strongly urged to determine if their scores/grades are equivalent to the relevant eligibility criteria.
- Prior to applying candidates must have made contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has agreed to supervise their research project. Please note that supervisors are limited to supervise one scholar at any time. Please review the President’s PhD Scholarship/">Scholarships – Unavailable Supervisors page for more information. Please note: current registered Imperial PhD students are not eligible to be considered for a President’s PhD Scholarship. The scheme is only open to new PhD applications.
Profitable candidates will obtain the next monetary help for as much as 3.5 years:
- Full funding for tuition charges
- A stipend of £21,600 each year to help with dwelling prices
- A consumables fund of £2,000 each year for the primary 3 years of examine
- A programme of bespoke alternatives and occasions delivered by the Graduate College