The Southern Environmental Law Center is now accepting entries for the 2022 Phillip D. Reed Environmental Writing Award. Nominations are due October 31, 2021, and may be submitted by anyone, including authors, publishers and readers.
- Entries are due October 31, 2021, and must have been published between September 30, 2020, and October 1, 2021.
- For the journalism category, minimum length is 3,000 words per entry. Awards are given to an individual writer or are shared among co-writers.
- We welcome nominations from anyone, including authors and publishers.
- Entries must relate to the natural treasures or environmental challenges in at least one of SELC’s states: Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, or Virginia.
- Journalism entries may be a single article, a series on one topic, or a collection on unrelated topics, as long as each article pertains to the environment in one of the six states listed above. The entry as a whole must meet the minimum word length. Entries must be accompanied by a digital version (URL, email, or CD) to verify word length.
Awards:- $ 2500