The Rice Business Plan Competition is the world’s richest and largest graduate-level student startup competition. It is hosted and organized by the Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship, which is Rice University’s internationally-recognized initiative devoted to the support of entrepreneurship, and the Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business. The goal of the RBPC is to provide the best overall educational and entrepreneurial experience of any business plan/new venture.
The competition is designed to give collegiate entrepreneurs a real-world experience to fine tune their business plans and elevator pitches to generate funding to successfully commercialize their product. Judges will evaluate the teams as real-world entrepreneurs soliciting start-up funds from early stage investors and venture capital firms.
- Real-world opportunities to learn what’s required to successfully launch a new business;
- Chance to receive mentoring from investors and experienced entrepreneurs;
- Scheduled opportunities to network with potential venture capitalists and other investors for three days;
- High caliber of judges, all senior level investors, entrepreneurs and industry leaders;
- Opportunities to receive individual feedback during three separate sessions;
- 2016: $1.7 Million + in prize money was awarded with all teams winning at least one cash award. The 2017 prizes will be updated by February 27, 2017.