Applications for the Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship Program is now open. The Borsch fellowship is a distinguished transatlantic initiative that offers fifteen accomplished Americans the opportunity to complete a comprehensive professional development program in Germany.
The Bosch Fellowship is comprised of three main components:
- customized practical placements,
- professional seminars, and
- German language training.
Bosch Fellows act as consultants in their field of expertise at leading public or private institutions in Germany. In addition, Bosch Fellows participate in professional seminars, where they travel to meet and exchange ideas with key figures across Germany and Europe. Prior to their professional assignments and seminars, Bosch Fellows participate in up to 5 months of language training with both private tutors in the United States and group classes in Germany.
Candidates for the Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship Program must meet the following requirements:
- U.S. citizen
- 40 years of age or younger at the application deadline
- Minimum five years of relevant, full-time work experience in target fellowship field (excluding internships)
- Graduate degree preferred
- Evidence of outstanding professional performance
- Sincere commitment to furthering the transatlantic relationship
- From the fields of public policy and administration, foreign and security policy, urban and regional planning, business, journalism and communications, law, or cultural and arts management (ex. museum, theater, orchestra).
- One or two high-level practical phases (stages) at leading institutions in Germany
- Traveling seminar series covering issues of German, European and transatlantic concern
- Up to five months of German language training
- Monthly stipend within the range of EUR 3,200 to 3,700 starting in October; monthly summer stipend of EUR 1.500 + free accommodations during July, August and September; exact amount of stipend dependent upon marital status
- Accommodation and travel to Washington, D.C. for the orientation program
- Flights to and from Germany
- Lifelong membership in the Robert Bosch Foundation Alumni Association (RBFAA)