The Sartorius & Science Prize for Regenerative Medicine & Cell Therapy is an annual prize aimed at supporting and encouraging scientists focused on basic or translational research that advances medical progress in regenerative medicine and cell therapy.
Entries can be made in the fields of regenerative medicine, cell therapy, gene therapy, immunotherapy as well as materials and tissue engineering.
Established in 2017, the prize is awarded for outstanding research performed by the applicant and as a mutual endeavor to raise awareness for the field and its fundamental significance for our future.
- The winner of the Sartorius & Science Prize for Regenerative Medicine & Cell Therapy is awarded US$25,000 and a publication of his or her essay in Science (print & online).
- This Grand Prize essay and those of up to three runners-up are also published on Science Online.
- Also, up to three runners-up will be selected and awarded with US $ 5000 per runner-up and a publication in Science (online).
- The winner and the runners-up will be invited to attend the formal award ceremony.
- Furthermore, a 5-year AAAS membership and online subscription to Science, accompanied by other perks and benefits from Sartorius, are awarded!