The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India is organizinga National short films competition, ‘SwachhataFilmon ka Amrit Mahotsav’under Phase 2 of Swachh Bharat Mission-Grameen (SBMG)and in celebration of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
The department aims to take forward the extraordinary milestone of Open Defecation Free (ODF) India achieved in Phase 1 of SBMG (2014-19)by sustaining toilet usage andembarking on the path of ODF Plus in villages through comprehensive Solid and Liquid Waste Management.
The competition will act as a massive Information, Education and Communication (IEC) campaign to raise mass awareness on ODF Plus goals as underlined in SBMG -Phase 2 by encouraging participation by individuals and institutions to contribute their ideas and creativity in short films format capturing various components of ODF Plus.
The short films entries are invited for the following thematic categories based on rural settings and defined under ODF Plus outlined in SBMG phase II guidelines:
- Bio-degradable waste management (BWM)
- Plastic Waste Management (PWM)
- Greywater management (GWM)
- Faecal Sludge management (FSM)
- Behaviour Change
National level awardees will be felicitated with certificate and Cash Award in a National SBM Ceremony at New Delhi later this year.Across each of the six themes, National Awards will be given in the following order:
|First Prize:||Rs 1,60,000/-|
|First Runner Up prize:||Rs 60,000/-|
|Second Runner Up prize:||Rs 30,000/-|
In addition to these themes, National awards will also be given in following five location contextual categories for films capturing creative messages on any of the above six themes best suited for following terrains:
- Desert Areas
- Hilly Areas
- Coastal Areas
- Flood prone Areas
For these categories, Awards value will be in the following order:
|First Prize:||Rs 2,00,000/-|
|First Runner Up prize:||Rs 1,20,000/-|
|Second Runner Up prize:||Rs 80,000/-|
- The competition is open for participation to all citizens/Indian Nationals above the age of 10 years except the employees/PMU members and their relatives of Water and Sanitation Departments of Central and state governments.
- In the Institutional category, The Gram Panchayats (GPs)/Community Based Organizations (CBOs)/Non-GovernmentalOrganizations (NGOs)/Self Help Groups (SHGs) are also eligible to participate.
- Film duration to be between 1 minute and 5 minutes
- The entries are eligible in all recognized Indian languages/dialects.
- Only entries based on rural settings will be accepted for the purpose of this competition.
Each State and UT will be requested to send the best films on each of above 11 categories to DDWS for National Level Selection.
Note:- India Only