The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) Joint Venture invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the 2021 cycle of Sabbatical and Postgraduate Research Internship.
he sabbatical attachment offers University lecturers from the rank of Senior Lecturer and above, opportunity to undertake research or other activities that would contribute to The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Ltd. (SPDC). It also offers them avenue to acquire industry-related experience and lectureship at the SPDC JV Centres of Excellence (CoE).
Duration: 12 Months (Non-renewable)
Teams / Disciplines:
- Environment: Impact Assessment and Biodiversity, Environmental Toxicology, Air Quality Assessment, Hydrobiology, Water Chemistry, Hydrogeology, Ecology, etc.
- External Relations: Social Performance – Social Impact Assessment; and GMoU Implementation
- Community Health: Consultant Community Health; Obstetrics & Gynaecology; and Paediatrics.
- Oil Spill Response: Mechanized Bioremediation.
- UniBen CoE: Geology and Petroleum Engineering.
- Nigerian Content Development: Process and Project Engineering.
Postgraduate research Internship for University students
The postgraduate research Internship provides opportunities for Nigerian Postgraduate students (MSc., M.Phil. and Ph.D.) to gain industry-related work experience and carry out topical research within The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Ltd. (SPDC).
Duration: 6-12 Months (Non-renewable)
Teams / Disciplines:
- Environment: Impact Assessment and Environmental Compliance Monitoring
- Occupational Health: Health Promotion; and Epidemiology/ Statistics.
- Oil Spill Response: Eco friendly Bioremediation (Non-intrusive, In-situ).
Applicants should have a valid email and phone number.
Applicants are expected to submit the following in the online form:
- A summary of how the candidate intends to add value to the SCiN business during the 12 months sabbatical (400 words maximum)
- Personal and educational details.
- Relevant Work Experience
- Maximum of three (3) referees
- Application letter stating team/discipline of interest.
- Research Proposal including: Study background, technical objectives, /methodology/data required, and expected outcome (1300 words maximum).