The competition is open to people from age 13 and up, both amateur and professional photographers.The competition is organised by SPIE, the international society for optics and photonics.
The theme of the photo contest is: A World of Light: The Vital Role That Light and Light-Based Technologies Play in Daily Life.
⌈ Examples of content include, but are not exclusive to, artistic images that depict:
• Various properties of light and how it interacts with the atmosphere, nature, and materials.
• Light technology such as lasers, LEDs, etc.
• Images created with light technology such as telescopes and microscopes.
• People interacting with light and/or light technology.
• The betterment of the human condition with light. ⌋
Each person may submit a maximum of two photos.
• 1st Place: US $2,500
• 2nd Place: US $1,000
• 3rd Place: US $500
• Technology and Science category: US $750
• Youth category (ages 13 – 17): Surprise gift box of SPIE Merchandise