WHAT IS SWACHHATHON 1.0
Swachhathon 1.0 – Swachhata Hackathon is an attempt to crowd source solutions for some of the pressing problems faced by the country in Sanitation and Hygiene. MoDWS invites students from schools and colleges, professionals, organizations, startups and others to come up with exciting, innovative, novel and viable solutions in the categories mentioned below –
- The hackathon is an open for all (including international entries).
- Entries can be submitted by individuals/ group of individuals/organizations including start-ups.A team can consist of maximum 10 participants.
- Participation is open for all age groups.
STRUCTURE OF THE PROGRAM
• Round 1 – The participants will be required to submit their entries in the respective categories in MyGov portal.The entries need to be submitted by clicking the icon of the category the participant wishes to contribute to. Care must be taken not to upload files in excess of file size specified.The submissions will be reviewed by a panel of domain experts. Last date for submission of entries is August 25th ,2017.
• Round-2 –The selected participants from Round 1 entering Round-2 will be required to present their idea/solution in form of a prototype, if the category demands live demonstration. 10 entries in each category of problem will be selected for participation in Round 2. This round is proposed to be held on 7th September, 2017. The venue for the Round-2 will be in Delhi .
Pre-requisites for the round:
a. Write up about the proposal.
b. Video demonstration of their prototype/ live demonstration (depending on category to be specified shortly) wherever necessary.Videos of maximum 10 minutes are to be uploaded on www.youtube.com and the link to the same must be shared in the application form.
The submissions will be reviewed by a panel of experts.
• Finals- The final list of selected participants have to give a short presentation along with showcasing their prototype/ strategy before a jury consisting ofpanel of experts. Based on the cumulative assessment of the above rounds, the winners will be announced for each category on 8th September, 2017. The venue for the finals will be in Delhi.