She Entrepreneurs 2018, the Swedish Institute’s leadership programme forfemale social entrepreneurs,
Are you a woman with a vision? Do you want to develop as a social entrepreneur to lead change? Apply to a leadership programme unlike any other!
Between 8 September and 4 October 2017, you can apply to She Entrepreneurs and take your social business initiative to a whole new level. She Entrepreneurs is a recognised leadership programme for young emerging women social entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa region (MENA) and Sweden.
She Entrepreneurs will offer you personal and professional development.
Through the programme you will:
- develop your own social business-initiative and acquire personal skills and innovative tools
- build on your knowledge of business elements, from branding to risk-taking
- meet other women entrepreneurs. Inspire each other and share experiences on common challenges.
- emerge with a strong and active network of likeminded women who support each other in driving important changes in society.
You are welcome to submit your application if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a woman between the age of 20 and 36
- You are driven and have an ongoing business initiative aimed at positive social change through entrepreneurial principles
- You are a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine*, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen
- You have a proficient command of both written and spoken English, as well as basic knowledge of the internet and new technologies
The work on your social business must already be started and should be based and implemented in your country of citizenship or in one of the countries above.
*Palestinian ID holders, including Jerusalem ID.
During a total of two and a half weeks on two separate occasions, the She Entrepreneurs programme offers personal and professional development to women whose social enterprise delivers a solution for positive social change.
The programme is divided into two modules:
- a two-week module in Sweden (12 – 23 March 2018)
- a concluding one-week module (17 – 23 September 2018) in Sweden or another location
The hands-on and practical study programme consists of:
- interactive learning methods combined with reflection sessions, team-building and practical exercises
- facilitators and expert mentors are available for guidance
- study visits and meetings with inspiring social entrepreneurs
- The programme is in English.
- There is no fee for the programme.
- Travel, hotel and food expenses are covered by the Swedish Institute.