TechChange is excited to announce a summer fellowship program for recent graduates and rising college juniors and seniors. The fellowship will provide practical training in web development as well as a unique exposure to a range of applications and organizations using technology to tackle a variety of global challenges — from creating prosthetic limbs with a 3D printer to combating malaria with mobile devices.
As a fellow you will spend three months designing and implementing a web development project related to education, technology, and social good. TechChange staff will provide training, mentorship, and a series of events to support you in this process.
The fellowship includes:
- One-on-one mentorship with TechChange staff;
- Field trips to organizations working in technology and social change;
- An event series on a range of topics related to technology and social change;
- A USD 2,000 monthly stipend for 3 months;
- A round-trip plane ticket to DC from a location within the US;
- Support with job placement at the conclusion of the fellowship.
Candidates are required to meet the following criteria:
- Be a current junior, senior, or a recent graduate;
- Have at least one year of experience in computer science or web development;
- Possess an interest in international relations, international development, humanitarian work, and social good;
- Be self-starting and willing to have a little fun too.
- Be a US citizen or have legal working status in the US for the duration of the fellowship.
The following criteria are desirable:
- Proficiency in Node.js, Django, or PHP;
- Familiarity with Grunt, Gulp, or other build tools;
- Teaching or curriculum design experience.
- Complete the application form at the bottom of the TechChange Summer Fellowship Page.
- If you have any questions please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org