This annual contest for young photojournalists is run by Rossiya Segodnya. Every year, the contest allows young photojournalists from around the globe to show us what moves and concerns them. Among the main issues contestants address are global humanitarian challenges, preserving national identity and traditions, social equality and environment.
In 2019 the contest set new record – around 6000 entries from 80 countries across five continents were submitted.
The contest has five categories:
1. Top News
3. My Planet
4. Portrait. A Hero of Our Time
Entries can contain a single photograph or series of no more than 12 photographs.
• The Grand Prize winner will receive RUB 700,000.
• The first place winner in each category will receive RUB 100,000.
• The second place winner in each category will receive RUB 75,000.
• The third place winner in each category will receive RUB 50,000.