The recipient of this scholarship will have the choice of attending IRDC 2021 in Denver, Colorado – September 21-22 (registration, airfare, hotel and per diem covered) or receiving a $1,000 Scholarship*.
Presented annually by VMSD magazine, the International Retail Design Conference (IRDC) is a one-of-a-kind conference that delivers two full days of education and design dialogue centered on the newest best practices, emerging opportunities and fresh strategies for engaging shoppers, maximizing resources, and rethinking the retail experience.
IRDC is recognized as the premier educational and networking event for the store design and visual merchandising communities. www.irdconline.com
– Student must be a 3rd or 4th year student or equivalent (graduation date must be after Dec. 2021)
– Student must be enrolled in a program working toward a degree in Interior Design, Retail Design, Hospitality Design, Visual Merchandising, UX Design, Architecture, Engineering or Product Design.
– Student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
– Student must be located and studying within the United States.
– Essay (500 words max): What are at least two key areas that retailers need to rethink and focus their attention on within the next 3 years and why?
– Project Folio (5 pages max): Highlights of your most recent work. Can be student or professional based projects.
– One Professional Reference: We will only need a phone number and email address of your reference. Can be a professor, faculty member or an employer (including internship supervisors). References CANNOT be friends or family members.
– Must include a copy of your current transcript (official or unofficial)
– Applications and supporting documents must be submitted through Submittable.
– All applications must be received by Sunday, July 18, 2021 by 11:59pm Eastern to be considered.