Despite unprecedented circumstances, APIs have continued their spectacular growth throughout 2020 and the momentum is continuing into 2021. Businesses and organizations are finding incredible new and innovative ways to harness the power of APIs every day and by every quantitative measure (number of APIs, number of requests, number of Postman Collections, etc.) APIs are skyrocketing.
Postman’s goal has always been to make it easier for you to work with APIs so that you can create what modern software demands: you can build high-quality APIs, collaborate on API development, secure and govern your APIs, and drive API adoption. With more than 13 million users and 500,000 organizations on the platform, Postman gives you access to the largest API developer community in the world.
Postman public workspaces are the containers for API development allowing you to organize your API work, collaborate with teammates and the developer community where they can comment, watch, and fork the workspace. You can group your projects together with a workspace acting as the single source of truth for related APIs, collections, environments, mocks, monitors, and other platform components.
We challenge you to not just create a Postman public workspace with a Collection of APIs, but build something that is creative, has compelling value to developers, addresses a problem, or has community interest. This is the perfect opportunity to showcase your Postman expertise and build your reputation in the largest API developer community. The challenge is wide open and we can’t wait to see what you can do with APIs.
We have gathered some amazing examples our team has created, please check out our Inspiration page to see what is possible to do with APIs.
REASONS TO PARTICIPATE
- Win stunning prizes. $100,000 in cash prizes is up for grabs as well as cool swag that will make your friends jealous.
- Build something that will make other developers’ lives easier. With Postman, you can easily make API calls, gather the working requests into a Collection, and share this knowledge with others to make a successful API call even faster.
- Meet developers across the globe. Catch the attention of millions of fellow developers across the globe and collaborate with them.
- Learn something brand-new. Postman’s recently introduced public workspaces will transform how APIs are developed by bringing people together in a single place for a shared interest in a specific set of APIs.
- Elevate your public profile. Build your portfolio of API collections and public workspaces to show to the developer community and potential customers or employers.
- Be part of the Postman Galaxy API Conference. Winners will be announced at Postman Galaxy, the global, virtual API conference.
$100,000 in prizes
Intergalactic Grand Prize
A $25,000 USD Grand Prize awarded to the team with the best project.
Andromeda Prize, 2nd Place
A $15,000 USD prize awarded to the team with the 2nd best project.
Nebula Prize, 3rd Place
A $10,000 USD prize awarded to the team with the 3rd best project.
Moonshot Prize, Honorable Mention (10)
A $5,000 USD prize will be awarded to the next ten highest scoring entries that did not win the Grand Prize, Andromeda Prize, or Nebula Prize.
Blastoff Prize (all participants with an eligible submission) (1,000)
Cool, limited-edition Postman API Hackathon T-shirt (up to 1 per eligible Entrant)\