Thomson Foundation has once again teamed up with RTE MojoCon Ireland to launch its third mobile journalism competition. Works will be judged by an expert panel who will be looking for a feature story or news report shot and edited entirely on a mobile device, which excites, intrigues and surprises them and demonstrates impact and creativity.
- The competition is open worldwide. It would be preferred if entries were in English however other languages with on screen subtitles are acceptable.
- Submission can be a feature
- The story must be filmed and edited ENTIRELY on a mobile device (i.e. smartphone &/OR tablet).
- Any device (iOS, Windows Phone, Android, RIM BB) capable of shooting and editing content can be used once the quality of the content is delivered in H
- Video entries should be uploaded to YouTube with the hashtag #MoJoConTFComp clearly in the title and description.
- Entrants should be prepared to share the devices, apps and workflow they used to produce the entry in the event of them winning or being asked by a member of the MojoCon community
- Archive material or external footage downloaded to/imported into the device is NOT allowed. All footage used in the submission MUST be created by the entrant and generated on the device. All video content should be produced ENTIRELY by one individual
- All stories/entries must be submitted for judging by 11pm on Friday 17th March, 2017. Any stories/entries submitted after this time will be excluded from the competition. Only one entry per person. If more are entered, only the last entry will be considered.
- The use of visual grading apps, Timelapse, Hyperlapse, Slideshows etc is both allowed and encouraged
- The winner will receive a full mojo kit worth approximately €800, plus return flights to Galway, Ireland, five-star accommodation and tickets to the MojoCon conference from 4th to 6th May 2017.
- The winner will receive a prize of a mobile journalism kit similar to those used by RTÉ. (Approximate value €800)
- Three highly commended/runner up prizes may also be awarded. The judges criteria will be based on editorial judgment, narrative, aesthetic, pictorial and audio quality and consideration in the use of a mobile device
- The decisions of the judges will be final. Prizes are non-transferable and cash equivalents are not permissible.