Applications are open for the Thought For Food Challenge 2019/2020. The TFF Challenge is an annual collaborative prize competition that creates successful, socially responsible food and agriculture startups in all parts of the world.
The TFF Challenge calls on the next generation of changemakers from all parts of the world to create breakthrough solutions for sustainable and inclusive food systems. They are looking for locally-relevant solutions that address a wide range of pressing challenges across all parts of the food value chain—from production to distribution through to consumption and waste.
The Challenge is sponsored by the Thought For Food Foundation, a non-profit charity incorporated in Delaware, USA. The Foundation receives financial support from numerous organizations and businesses that help support Foundation’s mission.
By signing up, you will gain access to the TFF Digital Labs and have the chance to win travel, perks and cash prizes.
- The Grand Prize winner will receive $10,000 USD in grant money to use solely for the purpose of their project
- The Runner Up will receive $7,500 USD in grant money to use solely for the purpose of their project
- Foundation partner organizations such will award additional cash prizes – these include:
- the Kirchner Award winner will receive $5,000 USD in grant money to use solely for the purpose of their project, selected by the Kirchner Food Fellows and their independent criteria.
- The Borlaug Foundation Take it to the Farmer award winner will receive $2,500 USD in grant money to use solely for the purpose of their project, selected by an independent committee determining which innovation most impacts farmers.
- Other cash prizes may be added at a later stage.