Citizen! Do you have a problem in your city that needs rescuing? Well, here’s your opportunity to have The Tick come save your city!!
A little backstory: The Tick, a new Amazon Original Series, is coming soon on Amazon Prime Video. But you can watch the pilot right here, right now!
The story centers on the odd partnership between Arthur (played by Griffin Newman), an underdog accountant with zero superpowers and The Tick (played by Peter Serafinowicz), a strange blue superhero… with very lively antennae. Together, they save their city from the forces of evil.
In the show, Arthur is a regular guy, just like you, who, with the help of The Tick, learns how to step up and take action. Just as Arthur speaks up for himself, we want you to do the same! Tell us what needs to be fixed in your city and why The Tick should come save it, and you could win a surprise visit!
Get this – The producers and members of the cast of the Amazon series are also going to be reviewing your fan videos to help select the Winners, so get yourself camera-ready and set your creativity free!
Read on for more details…
Dear Citizens: your objective is clear.
Create a Fan Video (up to :90 seconds) explaining why The Tick should come save your city. THREE Fan Video Finalists will be selected by the Sponsor. Fan Voting will help determine the ONE Grand Prize Winner whose City will be saved by The Tick! The three winning video creators will also receive $5,000 each!
Follow this simple structure below to nail your Fan Video:
- Introduce yourself: Name + City. Briefly, inform our hero who and where you are! (And if you’re a real super fan of The Tick, don’t be shy to get all fandom-y on us…I mean, it can’t hurt)
- State the problem. Remember, no problem is too big or too small for The Tick! Make sure to describe the nature of your city’s problem, in detail. Also, your problem should be solvable or achievable. Remember, we’re not curing world hunger here. He’s a superhero – not a God. Bonus points if you’re willing to pitch in so you, The Tick, and your community can all tackle it together.
- Convince him. Get creative! Address The Tick directly and convey how your city and your city’s problem is unique. You can even spice up your begging and pleading with elements from the show (hint: check out the Assets Tab) and inspiration from the pilot. The Tick is definitely not all-knowing (perhaps even a little naïve), so you’ll have to fill him in a bit!
- Stay optimistic. The Tick’s tone is always optimistic and witty (never cynical), so keep that up in your tone of voice too! He’s a genuine character who lives and breathes helping people, so the more authentic you can be, the better.
- End with “Vote For Me! #TickSaveMyCity.” Every good fan video has a memorable call-to-action. If you win the vote, you may get a visit from The Tick! So show us your enthusiasm!
Remember, this contest is all about everyday people in communities across the United States who are willing to speak up on behalf of their city to make an impact. It’s time to make your voice heard, so The Tick can save your city too.
What you need to know:
- Fan Videos should be no more than :90 seconds in length. Everyone can submit up to 5 videos.
- If it makes sense for your story, you can utilize and incorporate The Tick graphical elements in the Assets tab (check it out – there’s cool stuff in there, like the blue Tick antennae you can put on your head!).
- You must be a resident of the United States to submit, and the city must be a US city.
- Do NOT show any identifiable features of your city such as famous buildings or other geographic landmarks.
- Do NOT show any identifiable brands in your Video.
- Do NOT mention competitive super heroes in your Video.
- Do NOT mention other streaming services.
- If you are chosen as a winner, you will be required to submit an IP Assignment, Winner Affidavit, and W-9. You may also be asked to appear on camera if The Tick comes to save your city, in which case you will also need to execute a Tongal Talent Release. You can download these forms here.
Project Launch: June 1st, 2017
Fan Video Submission Phase: June 1st – June 22nd
Announce 3 Fan Video Finalists: July 10th
Fan Voting to Help Determine Grand-Prize Winner: July 10th – July 24th
Announce Grand-Prize Winner: July 31st
The #TickSaveMyCity Live Activation: July 31st – August 25th
How to Submit:
- Record your Fan Video using a smartphone, tablet, GoPro, Video Camera, or another kind of device that records hi-quality video. The better it looks and sounds – coupled with your creative and impactful message – the better your chances are of winning.
- Submit your Fan Video on tongal.com/TickSaveMyCity by 12:00pm PT on June 22.
PHASE 1: FAN VIDEO PHASE – Create a video, using a smartphone, tablet, or another kind of camera that records video, convincing the sponsor why The Tick should come save your city. Your Video should not be more than :90-seconds in length.
–Video Phase Payout: Three (3) Winners of the Video Phase will each earn $5,000. The Grand Prize Winner may earn an additional $5,000. There are no residuals on this project.
–Music: Tongal has partnered with three premiere music providers: Jingle Punks, Killer Tracks and Epidemic Sound, any of which can be used to source music for your Video submission to this Project. Music from these providers is available to registered Tongal members at no charge solely for their incorporation into Submissions to this Project and will not require a separate Music Release Form. To learn more about using each of these music providers, click on any of the provider’s names above.
Tongal members interested in a custom music solution for your project are invited to connect with SCORE A SCORE. They specialize in the creation of custom music, on-demand. Their business model is based on a “name your price” system, so you can tell them what your budget is, and they will work with you to create a deal configuration that will work within the discussed parameters. Check out the FAQ for more information and how to contact SCORE A SCORE.
If you are selected as a winner and choose to use custom/original music, you must fill out and submit our Music Release Form. If you obtain music from other catalog providers, you must purchase the appropriate license at your own expense and submit it with our Music Release Form when you turn in your Video paperwork.
1. The Videos MUST not exceed 90 seconds in length. Preferred format for upload to the Tongal website is HD 720p 16×9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX. Should you win, you will also be required to provide a 1080p .mov master file, using a ProRes, Animation, or Uncompressed Codec
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider not provided by Tongal, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
4. BY SUBMITTING A VIDEO ENTRY, YOUR SUBMISSION IMMEDIATELY BECOMES THE SOLE PROPERTY OF TONGAL OR ITS ASSIGNEES – SEE OFFICIAL RULES FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES. YOU MAY NOT PUBLICLY SHARE OR PUBLISH YOUR SUBMISSION IN ANY MANNER AND YOU MAY NOT POST OR UPLOAD YOUR SUBMISSION TO ANY WEBSITE OR VIDEO HOSTING SITE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE OR VIMEO), WITHOUT THE PRIOR EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF TONGAL. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS REQUIREMENT MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR ENTRY IN THE PROJECT.
5. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Sponsor.
6. Submissions must not portray Sponsor in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Sponsor.
7. By submitting to this project, you acknowledge that your work may become subject to public voting on the Tongal site. Public voting may be used to help the project sponsor determine the final rank order.
8. Limit 5 submissions per member, per Phase.
9. You must be at least thirteen (13) years or older to enter.
10. In the event that fewer than 50 Pitches are received, the Sponsor reserves the right to repost the contest for up to fourteen (14) days at their discretion.
11. In addition to the judging criteria stated in the OFFICIAL RULES, Fan Videos will also be evaluated on that member’s city problem to solve.
12. The Sponsor will be entitled to reasonable revisions on the finished Videos without providing additional compensation. Remember it’s easier to re-edit than re-shoot so try to get as much coverage as possible.
13. In addition to the standard Tongal W-9, Winner Affidavit, and IP Assignment, winning Video creators MUST also provide Talent, Location, Music (or other) Releases for all assets appearing in their winning Videos, as well as a photograph/headshot OR copy of a photo ID for all On-camera Talent releases. You must also provide all project files, editing sequences and a 1080p .mov master file, using a ProRes, Animation, or Uncompressed Codec to claim your prize.
14. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these requirements shall prevail.
15. You must be a resident of the United States to enter this contest.