Have you ever wished to just drop everything and jump on a train? Are you passionate about society and eager to explore other countries to find out what people actually think? Are you an enthusiastic and proactive person willing to go on a one-month adventure across Europe? Then answer this call to become an Ambassador for the Europe on Track Project.
Europe on Track is a project of AEGEE, run by 25 young volunteers who aim to raise awareness, to create a space for discussion and to capture the opinions of youth in Europe on important social issues. Thanks to InterRail, the 9 ambassadors in 3 teams (one videographer, one photographer and one interviewer per team) will travel by train across 20 countries in one month to deliver workshops, interview young people and organize events in cooperation with 200 volunteers from 30 cities in Europe.
This year Europe on Track will focus on a very important topic: Sustainability and Climate Change. The journey can be followed on social media via blogs, videos and photos.
- You will get an InterRail ticket, and at each stop the AEGEE locals will provide food and accommodation;
- Your trip from home to Thessaloniki and from Kraków to your location will not be covered by default, but organizers are working on this;
- Health insurance will not be provided by the project team, but it is mandatory to have an international health insurance for the period March 13 – April 28, 2018. You will be assisted on this;
- Visa fees will not be provided, but they will provide the ambassadors with invitation letters and try to lower the costs to €0;
- Pocket money (for extras, such as shopping, ice-cream, clubs…) is not included. The experience from previous Europe on Track editions indicates that about €300 pocket money will enable travelling ambassadors to realize the project in a fun and effective manner, although it may be less depending on your personal spending habits;
- They will provide the costs of reservations of tickets during the trip (March 22 – April 22)
AEGEE will try to cover as much as possible of the project, but they have a very limited budget. Basically during the route you won’t have to take care of expenses in general.