Trusteee Scholarship is one the scholarship offered by Boston University. BU offers a wide variety of merit scholarships, some even covering full tuition, to recognize high achieving students who go above and beyond.
To be considered for a Trustee Scholarship:
- Submit the Common or Coalition Application and all required materials for admission to one of the undergraduate degree programs at BU by December 1.
- Complete the Trustee Scholarship essay on the Common or Coalition Application as part of your application to BU.
Most awards are for academic achievement, while others go to talented athletes, performers, and artists. Plus, merit-based awards don’t require you to submit a financial aid application and do not have to be repaid.
Every year, BU welcomes approximately 20 outstanding students to the Trustee Scholars Program. Many of our current Scholars had perfect 4.0 grade point averages in high school and ranked in the top of their class.
In addition to exceptional academic credentials, Trustee Scholars are intellectually and creatively adventurous and demonstrate viewpoints, experiences, or achievements beyond the usual. They are, in other words, not just top students, but extraordinarily well-rounded individuals. At BU, Trustee Scholars become part of a unique campus community that offers many intellectual, cultural, and social opportunities.
A Trustee Scholarship covers full undergraduate tuition plus mandatory undergraduate student fees, and is renewable for four years if certain criteria are met.
The Trustee Scholarship Essay:
Please choose from one of the two prompts below and submit one essay, in 600 words or less, as part of your application through the Common or Coalition Application.
- The Trustee Scholars at Boston University form a diverse and inclusive community of students. Please tell us about a time where you proactively advocated for, or experienced, inclusivity in your school or community. What did you learn and how would you put that into practice at Boston University?
- Howard Thurman, who was the dean of BU’s Marsh Chapel from 1953-1965, once wrote: “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Can you describe a particular experience you have had or an activity that you participate in that makes you come alive? How would you try to integrate that experience or activity into your time at BU?
There’s no shortage of ways to challenge yourself at Boston University. With 300+ programs of study, you can choose a major. Choose two, if you’d like. Find a minor that fascinates you. Take an elective way outside of your comfort zone.
You’ve seen a glimpse of the incredible experiences awaiting you at BU. Now, take the next step. Because at BU, the sky’s the limit.
Please begin by reviewing the First-Year or Transfer application checklists, as all application credentials listed on these pages are also required for international students. In addition, international students are also required to submit:
- Secondary School Records
- English Proficiency Testing Results
- Documentation of Financial Support
- Copy of Data Page of Passport
- Standardized Tests (Optional)
Find the laest opportunities, scholarships & competitions, then please install our Android or iOS App here.
- Annual Value: Full tuition & fees
- Max scholarship per student: USD 54,720 (yearly)