Take part in the 2019 Tuition Free Master’s Program Scholarship in Russia. Open Doors: Russian Scholarship Project will give you a chance to study for free in a master’s degree program at one of the top Russian universities. Leading Russian universities open the doors to higher education for international students.
The competition is aimed at talented foreign students who would like to enroll in a Master’s programme in Russia for free. The winners and prize-winners of the Open Doors are granted a free early admission at any Russian university, without entrance examinations and with tuition fees covered by the Russian Federation. The competition is organized by The Association of Global Universities, in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and the Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independent States Affairs, Compatriots Living Abroad, and International Humanitarian Cooperation (Rossotrudichestvo).
Participants can choose from a range of subject areas: physics, mathematics, computer science, biology, chemistry, business and management, economics, politics and international studies, philology and linguistics, and psychology. Each area includes several tracks, such as Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, Applied Mathematics and Physics, Biotechnical Systems and Technologies, etc. A participant can choose multiple subject areas at once. The project has been developed by Russian leading academic experts and supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. The Olympiad is organized in two rounds. Both rounds are held online. The winners of the contest can enroll in a university without passing entrance exams and begin their education in the 2019-20 academic year.
The winners can choose between programs taught in Russian and English. Should the program of interest be unavailable in English, the student can start by taking a one-year Russian language course. The language of instruction is English or Russian depending on the chosen Master’s programme and the university. The competition is held online in two rounds: a portfolio competition followed by a problem-solving round.
- The winners and prize-winners of the Open Doors are granted a free early admission at any Russian university, without entrance examinations and with tuition fees covered by the Russian Federation.
- The contest winners will be able to choose from over 500 Russian universities, including those in international rankings such as the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (THE), QS World University Rankings, and Academic Rankings of World Universities (ARWU), and the 21 universities participating in the 5-100 Russian Academic Excellence Project. The competition is held in English and Russian.
- The lists of winners and runners-up will be published on the project’s website. The tentative date of publication is Feb. 11, 2019. The results will also be available on each participant’s personal page on the competition website.
- Winners: Participants successfully passing the two rounds with a score that lands them in the top 5 percent of the ranking are deemed to be the winners of the contest.
- Runners-up: Participants successfully passing the two rounds with a score that lands them outside the top 5 but in the top 25 percent of the ranking are considered runners-up.
- Both winners and runners-up can select any program track within a subject of their choice and apply to one or several Russian universities that have educational programs corresponding to the track of interest.
- Applicants wishing to study at MIPT are offered a wide range of master’s programs in three areas of study: mathematics, physics, and computer science, plus a preparatory course in Russian as a foreign language (if necessary).