Entries are now invited for the 2016 PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival on Migration, Diversity and Social Inclusion. The PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival invites the world’s youth to submit original and creative videos focusing on the themes of migration, diversity and social inclusion. By supporting the distribution of youth-produced media, PLURAL+ recognizes youth as powerful agents of positive social change in a world often characterized by intolerance, and cultural and religious divisions.
This is a joint initiative of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM).
The PLURAL+ JURY AWARD prizes will be awarded in three (3) age-based categories:
- up to 12 years old
- 13 to 17 years old
- 18 to 25 years old
- The PLURAL+ Jury Awards will be awarded to one entrant per category and will be selected by an independent international jury.
The 3 winners of the PLURAL+ JURY AWARD will each receive US$1,000 after the PLURAL+ 2016 Awards Ceremony
- One representative of each PLURAL+ International Jury Award winner will be invited to New York, with airfare and hotel accommodation paid, to present their work at the PLURAL+ 2016 Awards Ceremony at the Paley Center for Media in the fall of 2016. Only a youth entrant with one chaperone for each winning video will be flown to New York.
- Additional awards may be given by PLURAL+ partners and may include equipment, travel or professional opportunities. IOM and UNAOC or PLURAL+ bear no responsibility regarding partner awards. See past partner awards here.
- Winning videos will receive broad recognition and exposure through wide multi-platform distribution of their work, including broadcast, satellite, internet, film festivals and possibly DVD.
- Winning entrants will be notified no later than 15 August 2016.
- A prestigious international jury will announce the winners in New York during an event hosted at the Paley Center for Media in the Fall of 2016 in New York.