They say breakfast is the most important start to the day, and Uncle Tobys is dedicated to providing simple and wholesome goodness breakfast options.
Our sponsor, Uncle Tobys (https://www.uncletobys.com.au/), is a well-known Australian brand of oat cereal, with a product range that includes loose rolled oats, quick oat sachets in a variety of flavours, breakfast bars and convenient pots for people on the move.
Most people who eat Uncle Tobys oats are interested in healthy, natural, and high in fibre breakfast options to set them up for the day, using high quality ingredients. They use oats as breakfast for themselves, their partners and the whole family. Taste is important some enjoy the pure taste of oats, whilst others like to include their own additions to their bowl of porridge, and others want the flavour already included in the pack.
However, Uncle Tobys can come across as old fashioned and boring. This is exactly where Uncle Tobys needs your help! The brand wants to better connect with customers through new and exciting product offerings that provide simple and wholesome goodness, with a great taste. Can you help them do that?
Come up with an innovative Uncle Tobys oaty breakfast product that is full of healthy and tasty goodness.
Please help to develop exciting new product ideas (with oats as the main ingredient) for young families that capture the concept of “goodness” for Uncle Tobys Oats in Australia.
Take into consideration that oats are mostly used to prepare porridge, which is a hot breakfast eaten mainly in winter, prepared by adding a liquid, often milk, and cooking on the stove or the microwave until it reaches the right creaminess. People also add sweeteners and fruit for improved taste and health benefits.
You can come up with ideas for any of the following key buckets:
- Goodness for my health, such as: prevent illness, protein, collagen, and weight management
- Goodness that is tasty: super-tasty (but not unhealthy)
- Goodness that is good for the planet: such as low carbon footprint, locally sourced ingredients, recyclable packaging
- Goodness beyond just porridge: such as smoothies bowls, baking, pancakes (but still with the aim to be eaten for breakfast in an easy and convenient way)
- Goodness that keeps me fuller for longer: helping to keep hunger and cravings at bay
- Goodness in culture: collaborations with other relevant brands
…and keep in mind your idea must appeal to a wide range or oat eaters.
In addition, goodness can mean:
- Sense of wellness
- Simple but positive wellbeing benefits, like, helps you reduce cholesterol
- Living local
- Sense being connected
- Caring about others/being part of and contributing to a community
- Little acts of kindness
- Integrity/doing the right thing
- #1 Prize €1,000
- #2 Prize €750
- #3 Prize €500