Calling all youth photographers! Would you like to win a tablet or camera? Then enter the 2017 Skills in Action Photo Competition. As part of its activities on the forthcoming World Youth Skills Day (WYSD) 2017 on the 15th of July, UNESCO-UNEVOC invites you to participate in the Skills in Action photo competition. They are inviting amateur or professional photographers to contribute and use their skills in capturing pictures that not only show but tell inspiring stories regarding “Youth and Skills” as an entry to our Skills-in-Action Photo Competition.
UNESCO-UNEVOC continues its endeavors for skills development of the young people and strengthens their capacity to help address the many challenges facing society, including unemployment, exclusion and environmental degradation. There is no better investment than helping a young person to develop their abilities. Successful skills programmes provide young people with experience, employment and lifelong learning opportunities.
This year UNESCO-UNEVOC calls on all involved in skills development to celebrate the achievements of young people in TVET, and raising awareness about the importance of youth skills development.
Capture amazing moments when Youth Skills are in action, showing how Technical and vocational education and training (TVET) and skills development are contributing to one of the following:
- Encouraging youth employment and entrepreneurship – showing how youth are able to put skills acquired into practice, leading to securing jobs or starting their own businesses.
- Promoting equity and gender equality – showing how access to skills development should be for everyone and how skills development can overcome gender stereotypes and inequality issues
- Facilitating transition to sustainable economies and societies – showing how skills can adopt to cater for sustainable development and to address climate change and other sustainable development related issues
The winners of the #SkillsInAction Photo Competition will win the following prizes:
- 1st Prize – Tablet + winner certificate
- 2nd Prize – Camera + winner certificate
- Finalist – Finalist Certificates
A special Prize will be awarded to the most popular photo on Facebook.
Winning photographs will also be featured on UNESCO-UNEVOC website and its social media platforms in line with the celebration of the #WYSD (World Youth Skills Day).