UNITE 2030 is a virtual, 2-day hackathon for the Sustainable Development Goals. The mission of Unite 2030 is to unite the next generation of world changers in order to ignite social change by turning their passion into action.
UNITE 2030 is an experience, not just a competition. It’s emotional, exciting, collaborative, and will change your outlook on the world!
It all started on the 7th and 8th of April, 2018, when 100 world-changers from 57 different countries gathered virtually for a 48-hour competition to tackle the SDGs. Because of the massive success of UNITE 2030, we decided to make it bigger! We have recently announced dates for the next TWO UNITE 2030 events.
How It Works: Worldchangers from around the globe will virtually convene for a 48-hour Hackathon competition. Worldchangers will be split up into teams of 4-5 based on the social issues that they’re passionate about. Teams will then be presented with a global challenge that they must solve within the presented time frame. Throughout the 48 hours, Worldchangers will watch workshops hosted by world-class experts, work closely with their team to quickly, and diligently address the challenge, Teams will then present their solutions within the framework that we provide. Judges will select finalists, and the winners, who will take home the title of UNITE 2030 Global Champions 2018.
UNITE 2030: Equal Opportunity for All focuses on SDGs 4 + 5 and takes place on the 30th of June – 1st of July.
UNITE 2030: Hack for the Planet focuses on SDGs 12, 13, 14, + 15 and takes place on the 1st – 2nd of September.
Please note that while UNITE 2030 is 95% funded, and require a small payment to ensure that you actually turn up to the event.
- Work with a team of emerging world-changers on developing innovative solutions to critical international challenges;
- Connect with a network of young people passionate about solving the SDGs;
- Gain knowledge and insight into what it takes to develop a world-changing idea from the ground up;
- Attend workshops throughout the event on essential topics for changing the world;
- The chance to win prizes such as acceptance to IDHouse’s 2018 Youth Delegate Programme