This Instructional Design and Technology MicroMasters program will provide the knowledge and skills needed to capitalize on one of the fastest growing areas of education – online teaching and learning. This program will prepare you to create engaging and active learning, using digital pedagogy, emerging technologies and data analytics.
Engage and inspire students through technology. Learn how to create enhanced learning opportunities using the latest tools and techniques to connect with today’s digital-first students.
Our unique approach to instructional design focuses on understanding learning theory, blending traditional instructional design models with rapid prototyping and data analytics to create online courses. You will gain hands-on experience developing and publishing online courses using the edX platform.
Through this program you will learn how to design captivating learning experiences for students who want mobile learning opportunities that are collaborative and accessible, while advancing your knowledge of educational theory.
- Understand contemporary learning theories to develop online learning experiences
- Apply instructional design models to the development of online learning experiences
- Select, evaluate or design digital media to support learning
- Identify, evaluate, and integrate emerging technologies to support online learning
- Design an implementation process for online learning experiences
- Apply data mining techniques to the design and evaluation of learning experiences
Courses In University System of Maryland MicroMasters Program in Instructional Design and Technology
- 1Instructional Design and Technology: Learning Theories
Explore emerging learning theories and interactive technologies to create engaging experiences for today’s connected students.
- Instructional Design Models
Explore traditional and current instructional design models as you develop your own outline of an online course.
- Instructional Design: Digital Media, New Tools and Technology
Explore the design, development and use of digital media and emerging technologies to support online teaching and learning.
- Instructional Design Course Evaluation & Capstone Project
Develop your Instructional Design & Technology MicroMasters capstone project while you learn course evaluation models to assess the impact of design on the learning environment.
Certificate & Credit pathway for University System of Maryland MicroMasters Program in Instructional Design and Technology
- “90 percent of academic leaders believe that it is ‘Likely’ or ‘Very Likely’ that a majority of all higher education students will be taking at least one online course in 5 years’ time” (source: According to Grade Change: Tracking Online Education)
- Career prospects for people with similar training include instructional software designer, instructional technologist, learning systems designer, educational technologist (source: Monster.com)
- Instructional design and technology jobs are projected to grow 7% from 2014 to 2024 (source: BLS National Occupation Outlook)
Duration:- 8 months 8 – 10 hours per week
Cost:- $ 1077