The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) is calling on interested individuals to apply for their 2017 Communications and Social Media Internship. The selected intern will apply her/his skills in the field of communications to support the activities of the UNSSC Directorate. S/he will gain understanding of the UN’s work in general, and in the area of communications, in particular. The incumbent will report to the Policy and Corporate Coordination Officer, under the daily guidance of the UNSSC Communications focal point. The internship is for 6 months, starting January 2018.
Specifically, the intern will be responsible for the following activities:
- Updating social media platforms regularly with platform-specific content;
- Drafting communication materials including mailers, newsletters and web content;
- Supporting the execution of communication campaigns, events and other outreach activities;
- Assisting in drafting press releases, speeches and articles;
- Assisting with research, provide substantive and administrative assistance as required and perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Awards:- Interns will receive €450 per month