Victoria University welcomes International students (who do not have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency).
International graduate researchers are eligible for the following scholarships:
- Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarships – International
- VU International Postgraduate Research Scholarship
- Industry Supported Scholarships (preference given to Domestic applicants)
- Selected Project-Based Research Scholarship
- Foley Collection Research Scholarship
Graduate research scholarships include tuition fees as well as a living allowance (stipend) of $28,200 (2020 rate) per year.
The international postgraduate research scholarships provide financial assistance to students with excellent academic qualifications who are participating in postgraduate research programs in Australia. These scholarships support high quality research and are awarded on the basis of academic merit.
RTP Stipend Scholarships – International are awarded to graduate researchers who have completed a course at Victoria University in 2017 or later on the basis of academic merit and research potential.
RTP Stipend Scholarship – International includes:
- overseas student health cover
- a living allowance of $28,200 per year (2020 rate)
- an RTP Fee Offset Scholarship exempting the recipient from paying tuition fees.
The scholarship does not cover other costs such as:
- English-language testing
- bridging programs or English-language programs
- travel costs from overseas.