The Waislitz Global Citizen Awards, are annual cash prizes totaling $200,000. The grand prize is $100,000 with two semi-finalist prizes at $50,000 each. The awards are presented by the Waislitz Foundation and Global Citizen and recognize the excellence of individuals in their work to end extreme poverty. “Ending extreme poverty is not a choice it’s an obligation. My hope is that it will inspire many thousands of people around the world to do what they can to improve the living standards of those in dire need,” Chairman and Founder of the Melbourne-based Waislitz Foundation Alex Waislitz.
The Waislitz foundation exists to create a positive social impact locally and globally through innovative projects that empower individuals to meet their full potential and make a measurable difference to the world.
- The Waislitz Global Citizen Awards are annual cash prizes totaling $200,000.
- The grand prize, the Waislitz Global Citizen Award is a cash prize of $100,000.
- The two semi-finalist prizes, the Waislitz Global Citizen Disruptor Award, and the Waislitz Global Citizens’ Choice Award are each cash prizes of $50,000.
- In addition to the cash prizes, all three winners will receive:
- Round trip airfare and accommodation in NYC to attend the Waislitz Global Citizen Award Ceremony and the Global Citizen Festival during the week of September 23 for themselves and a guest.
- The opportunity to network with Global Citizen and the Waislitz Foundation partners during the week of the 74th session of the United Nations General Assembly.
- Two tickets to the 2019 Global Citizen Festival on September 28, 2019.