The Wellcome Photography Prize is a competition run by the Wellcome Trust.
Whether you are a professional, student or amateur photographer, you’re invited to enter the Wellcome Photography Prize 2020, which celebrates compelling imagery that will encourage conversations about the health challenges of our time.
For 2020, our theme is Mental Health, which covers two of our five prize categories. We’re still keen to receive photos relating to other health issues as well.
There competition has five categories:
• Social Perspectives (single image): explore how good and bad health affect society.
• Hidden Worlds (single image): expose hidden details, combat health taboos or reveal places difficult to access.
• Medicine in Focus (single image): show healthcare, medicine or surgery up close and personal.
• Mental Health (single image): dispel the visual clichés of mental illness, fight stigmas and explore individual’s lived experience or recovery.
• Mental Health (series of up to five images): tell a story through related images that explores the spectrum of mental health to mental ill health.
Awards:- The winner of each category will receive £1,250.
The overall winner will receive a prize of £15,000.