The Wells Art Contemporary (WAC) Awards, an open competition for contemporary art, is calling for entries for 2020.
Artists over the age of 18, based in the UK or internationally, are invited to enter up to 4 works in any medium – painting, sculpture, drawing, printmaking, photography, installation or video.
This idea for Wells Art Contemporary that came to life around a kitchen dining table has already established a strong presence in the London art world and is drawing artists from places as diverse as Australia, Azerbaijan, India, Italy, Korea, Japan and the United States, as well as all over Britain.
The following prizes will be awarded in 2020:
- RK Harrison Award: £2,000 awarded to one artist.
- JGM Gallery Exhibition Prize: Up to 4 artists, including international artists, will be selected to take part in an exhibition in 2020 at the JGM Gallery in the heart of London’s new cultural quarter next to the Royal College of Art in London.
- Parker Harris Mentoring Prize: Parker Harris will give a one-to-one mentoring session covering all aspects of professional development to a selected artist.
- ChubbBulleid People’s Prize: Selected by visitors of the exhibition.
- Next Generation Art Prize: A two-week solo exhibition at the Andelli Art Gallery, including a private view and social media support, will be awarded to an artist up to 30 years of age. Mentoring and advice on working with galleries, curation and artistic development will also be offered.
The Exhibition of shortlisted artworks will be held at the historic Wells Cathedral, Somerset, and be open to the public from 11 July – 9 August 2020. All exhibitors will be invited to the Private View on 10 July 2020.
The Wells Art Contemporary (WAC) Awards were established in 2012 by a group of artists and their friends in Wells, the beautiful cathedral city in the South-West of England.
Awards:- The competition offers multiple exhibition prizes and a £2,000 prize for the best artist for 2020.
Entry fees:- The entry fee is £15 per work or £12 per work for students.